Fairyhouse Race Card
Ward Union Hunt Steeplechases race day card, Fairyhouse Racecourse, Easter 1916. At the time of the Rising, many higher ranking British Officers stationed in Ireland owned horses, and so were at the Easter races during the outbreak of the Rising. When news of the Rising broke, many of the officers initially didn't take it seriously due to the conflicting reports, and instead stayed at Fairyhouse.
- Ireland--History--Easter Rising, 1916,
- Curated Collection--Dublin Collection Day Dec. 09 2015,
- Curated Collection--Communicating the Rising,
- Great Britain. Army--Irish regiments,
- Racecourses (Horse racing),
- Racetrack attendance (Horse racing),